Hi everyone! A full week into Blogtober and surprisingly I still have 1) ideas of what to write about and 2) the motivation to write and post a blog! This is an exciting turn of events. Today’s post is all bout the book series that I probably will never complete due to various reasons. There might be some of your favourite series on this list but I am in no way saying that these books shouldn’t be read it’s just that I’ve probably lost interest in reading them.
- Twilight. Earlier this year I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer for the first time. It was not a reading experience that I would hope to repeat and for that reason I’ll probably will never finish the series (unless I read it for future “Reading for the First Time content).
- Matched. I read the first two books in the Matched series by Ally Condie in high school. I can barely remember the plot but I do remember not liking the second one so I’ll never be tempted to pick up the third and final instalment.
- Thone of Glass. I have a strange relationship with Sarah J. Maas’ fantasy series. The first one felt like a fantasy hunger games and the rest seem to spiral out of the control of Maas. I didn’t finish Empire of Storms and will probably never read Kingdom of Ash.
- The Grisha Trilogy. I read Shadow and Bone in a day. I read Siege and Storm in two days. I then realised that I hated Legh Bardugo’s writing in the series, wasn’t interested enough in the characters. I probably won’t pick up the third, Ruin and Rising but with the series being turned into a Netflix series I might pick it up.
- To All the Boys. The first book To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han is a personal guilty pleasure. I love the Netflix film when I want something easy to watch but I really have no desire to ever finish the series. I just was not that invested in how the story would play out.
I think today’s blog is going to start a small grouping of posts. Over the next two days I’ll be revealing which series of books I absolutely loved and which series I absolutely hated. I love a good series of books where you become invested with the characters and the ones above just don’t do anything for me. Of all the series I am most disappointed in Throne of Glass because that series is long and there are some big books there but I just don’t care about the ending. If you have any opinions about any of these series or think I should try and continue any please tell me why!