Hi everyone! We are officially at the half way mark of Blogtober! I am really enjoying writing a new post each day. I feel like it’s keeping me on my toes a little bit and due to self-isolation it is also giving me something new each day to focus on. Seeing as we are now properly on the run-up to Halloween I felt it was time to reveal my Top Ten favourite Halloween films. This list includes some child friendly films as well as some that left me absolutely terrified. But every film will definitely get you into the Halloween mood (if you’re not already!)
- The Haunted Mansion (2003)– perfect family viewing.
- Halloween (2018)– I definitely prefer slasher films to any kind of horror film.
- Monster House (2006)– great for older children.
- Scream (1996)– an iconic slasher film.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)– Tim Burton classic.
- Halloween (1978)– the original with one of the best film scores ever.
- Coraline (2009)– the Other Mother is truly terrifying.
- Ghostbusters (1984)– ghosts, ghosts and even more ghosts.
- Practical Magic (1998)– not scary but about witches.
- The Exorcist (1973)– terrifying.
So there are my favourite films to watch around Halloween. I definitely prefer films which are set around the special day so I would say that the original Halloween is my favourite. It combines the fun of Halloween with slasher horror and I think it’s a great film. Do you have any favourites that aren’t on this list? Let me know and I’ll more than likely watch it in the next few weeks!